10 November 2010

You're the voice I hear inside my head.

You know those moments when you are sitting there, wherever you are, and suddenly you think "how the ef did I get in this situation?" Or you know, some version of that question introduces itself to your mind.

For instance, the time I was sitting on my porch watching this midget dance on the roof deck across the way I was all "what the ef am I doing here on this porch in Ecuador watching this midget dance." I mainly felt that I should avert my eyes; but I didn't. Anyways I had another moment like this last week. Occasions like these really get me thinking about all sorts of things like God, and the closest glass of milk, and friction versus traction, and time, and machetes, and life and stuff.

Ultimately through all my contemplations I always come back to this answer: Watch this video to find the answers to everything


Yeah it's a throwback. And sure, it doesn't really provide answers for when we are in situations with dancing midgets. In fact the song as a whole has nothing to do with anything except teenage angst and discovery and true love. But I am choosing to focus on these things as well as one line here and that is: "I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be". Thus, whenever I am in a strange, beautiful, or remarkable situation and find myself thinking "what the ef am I doing here?" I bust out a little Camp Rock.

Usually someone joins in with my chorus and our songs go together. And that is a faboosh [*usage of 'faboosh' courtesy of annie*] moment all on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment