18 January 2010

The commotion that is the casserole.

The only nemesis to the casserole is the required use of Cream of Mushroom Soup. The consistency of this congealed muck makes the preparation of the casserole somewhat awkward. Since I do not like to physically look at the grey jellifyed soup, I typically find the process of getting the substance from the can into the casserole rather inconvenient. While keeping my eyes directed at the ceiling and my mind occupied on images of whole wheat toast or vampires, I use a spoon to quickly scrape out and stir in the soup with the remaining ingredients. I also try to breathe through my mouth; Cream of Mushroom Soup does not actually smell, but my mind tricks me telling me it does. The wonder of the casserole lies in the fact that you abandon the dish for 20 minutes of baking at 350 degrees. This leaves more time to think about things like what the man on the T meant when he told me “children need to be put in their place”. After eating the delectable casserole it is hard not to appreciate what the Cream of Mushroom Soup contributes to the result. Plus there’s the leftovers. Also did you know you can freeze casseroles for a quick meal later in the week? Unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment