17 December 2009

Written Message

Dear wind,
You are the least loved of all earth’s elements. Although I do appreciate your magical ability to make things dance in the air, or make a field of wheat move like water I could recreate these tricks myself. Just give me a high powered fan. And please let me just observe a real body of water such as the ocean. I wish you would stop doing terrible things such as blowing down trees onto people or making birds (especially kingfishers, my favorite) unable to fly because of your gusty forces. Stop being so ferocious wind. Blow strongly only towards windmills. Occasionally you can send a light breeze towards flowers to pick up pollen and distribute it to the soil and plants; that would help the bees a bit. Never blow on my face, ears, or bangs ever again. Stop whistling in my windows and stop making my walk to work so miserable.
Bitterly, MM

1 comment: